When it comes to home maintenance and improvement, your exterior is just as important as your interior. One of the most popular choices for exterior walls is unfinished brick, offering a classic and timeless look. However, these bricks can be prone to damage over time from harsh weather conditions and other external factors. That’s where unfinished brick coatings come in. In this guide, we’ll explore everything you need to know about unfinished brick coatings, from their benefits and drawbacks to popular colors and finding a qualified contractor.
What is Unfinished Brick Coating, and How Does It Work?
Unfinished brick coating is a protective layer applied to the surface of unfinished exterior brick walls. It is designed to help preserve the integrity and beauty of the bricks while providing additional protection against weather, moisture, and other environmental factors. Rhino Shield’s unfinished brick coatings are made from high-quality, durable materials that not only protect but also enhance the appearance of your home.
The coating works by penetrating the porous surface of the brick, creating a strong bond with the material. This bond helps to seal the brick, preventing water infiltration and reducing the risk of damage from freeze-thaw cycles. Additionally, Rhino Shield’s coatings are resistant to mold, mildew, and algae growth, further protecting your home’s exterior.
Benefits of Using Unfinished Brick Coatings
There are several advantages to using unfinished brick coatings for your home:
- Protection: The primary benefit of applying a brick coating is the added protection it provides against weather and environmental damage. This can help extend the life of your brickwork and greatly reduce the need for costly repairs.
- Aesthetics: With a range of popular colors available, you can easily find a coating that complements your home’s style and enhances its curb appeal.
- Energy Efficiency: Rhino Shield’s unfinished brick coatings can help improve your home’s energy efficiency by reducing heat transfer through the brick walls, lowering your heating and cooling costs through the seasons.
- Low Maintenance: Once applied, these coatings require minimal maintenance and can be easily cleaned with a simple hose-down.
Drawbacks of Using Unfinished Brick Coatings
While there are many benefits to using unfinished brick coatings, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:
- Initial Cost: The upfront cost of applying a high-quality brick coating can be higher than traditional paint or sealants. However, the long-term benefits often outweigh this initial investment. Since Rhino Shield lasts for 25 years, replacing multiple traditional paint jobs, you will quickly save on application costs.
- Application: Proper application of the coating is crucial for optimal results. This may require hiring a qualified contractor, which can add to the overall cost. The application team at Rhino Shield of Chicagoland is thoroughly trained in a detailed, comprehensive, multi-step application process that isn’t finished until you’re completely satisfied.
Cost and Longevity of Unfinished Brick Coatings
The cost of unfinished brick coatings can vary depending on the size of your project and the specific product used. Generally, Rhino Shield’s coatings are competitively priced and offer excellent value, given their long-lasting protection and low maintenance requirements.
When properly applied, Rhino Shield’s unfinished brick coatings can last for 25 years or more, significantly outlasting traditional paint and sealants. This longevity makes the investment well worth it in the long run!
How to Apply Unfinished Brick Coatings
For the best results, it’s recommended that you hire a qualified contractor, such as the team here at Rhino Shield, to apply your unfinished brick coating. They will ensure proper surface preparation, application techniques, and follow-up care to guarantee the longevity and effectiveness of the coating.
Popular Colors for Unfinished Brick Coatings
Rhino Shield offers a wide range of popular colors for unfinished brick coatings, from classic reds and browns to more contemporary shades like gray and white. This allows you to find the perfect color to match your home’s aesthetic and enhance its overall appearance.
Finding a Qualified Unfinished Brick Coating Contractor
To find a reliable contractor for your unfinished brick coating project, start by asking friends and family for recommendations. You can also search online for local contractors with positive reviews and a proven track record of success with similar projects. Be sure to ask for references and verify their qualifications before hiring. At Rhino Shield, we’d be happy to provide examples of past work, testimonials from happy customers, and walk through all of our qualifications with you.
In conclusion, Rhino Shield’s unfinished brick coatings offer an excellent solution for protecting and enhancing your home’s exterior. With long-lasting protection, improved energy efficiency, and a range of popular colors to choose from, it’s an investment well worth considering. Contact us today for a free project estimate and discover the difference Rhino Shield can make for your home!